The Blood Toyota Geelong Football Netball League (GFNL) has today released it’s official 2020 season fixture, with plenty of highlights to look forward to.
The season will begin on Saturday, April 4th with one of the biggest opening rounds in recent memory. GFNL fans won’t have to wait long for the senior football rematch between St Mary’s and Colac, with the two sides going head to head at Central Reserve to start off the season. The now annual Pride Cup football and netball clashes between Newtown & Chilwell and Leopold will be on the Sunday of Round one, with the poignant feature of the fixture now into it’s third edition.
Other Notable Highlights Include:
- St Mary’s will unveil their 2019 Premiership flag under lights at Anthony Costa Oval in Round two against St Joseph’s
- Leopold and Grovedale will again compete for the ‘Let’s Kick Cancer Cup’ in Round six
- Newtown & Chilwell and St Albans will lock horns in the A Grade Netball Grand Final rematch in Round seven
- All clubs will play on Anzac Day with April 25th falling on a Saturday
- AFL Barwon is again supporting a number of themed rounds in 2020, including Love the Game (Round 4), Mental Health Round in conjunction with traditional partners Beyond Blue and Read the Play (Round 9) and TAC Towards Zero Round (Round 13).