AFL Barwon is the football and netball administration for the Geelong Football Netball League, Bellarine Football Netball League, Colac & District Football Netball League, Geelong Junior Football and Geelong Junior Netball. Our vision is to grow and prosper community football and netball in the Barwon Region.
We require a journalism student to work across our football, netball and umpiring departments producing news articles for our digital platforms and weekly records. The successful student would report to the Football Coordinator who oversees all AFL Barwon media.
- Provide weekly news articles for our website and social media platforms
- Supply a weekly media releases to our media distribution list
- Contribute to the growth of our social media viewer
- We would expect the successful student(s) to have some knowledge of the AFL Barwon Region and the competition structure. An understanding of AFL Football and Netball is a must.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a team environment and have the ability to work autonomously
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, Send a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and skills addressed to AFL Barwon Football Coordinator, Sean Atkinson by email to email@example.com. Applications close February 14th.