The Colac Junior Football Review has been set out to examine the structure and format of all Junior competition structures and pathways in the region to design and recommend a model/s for the future. The review committee was set up with local football people as well as football expertise from AFL Barwon and AFL Victoria staff.
The committee have undertaken a thorough review and feedback process and have taken strong consideration into the following:
- Club responses to the Colac Junior Football Review survey
- Individual club responses from face to face meetings with review committee
- Strategic growth and penetration statistics
- Current Colac region junior player registrations (competition football and NAB AFL Auskick)
The following are the final recommendations that have been presented to the Colac region clubs and have been ratified by the AFL Barwon Commission.
- Colac & District Football Netball League age groups to change to Under 18, 15 and 13 for 2019. Times outlined within the document.
- A five gameday fixture for home and away games within the CDFNL 2019 season (Game times below) • A greater league and club presence with Colac region Primary and Secondary Schools overseen by AFL Victoria’s Development staff.
- Five-person Colac Otway Junior Committee to guide NAB Auskick and Under 11 competition
- Introduction of Auskick 2.0 for entry level NAB AFL Auskick participants.
- Colac Otway Under 11 to replace Colac Otway Under 12 in 2019
- A Player Points and Permits sub-committee to be implemented in 2019 to assist with club to club relationships for adoption in 2020. • A greater emphasis on Coach and Umpire Education.
- Current representative football structure to remain.
The final review recommendations document can be found by clicking on the following link – Colac Junior Football Review Final
For further information please contact AFL Barwon Football Development Manager Luke Maher on firstname.lastname@example.org