FOOTBALL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – AFL Barwon
- Exciting role
- Play a significant role in development of Football
- Flexible workplace
As an organisation, the AFL works tirelessly in all states and at all levels to enhance and grow the game – from grassroots to elite. Together, we put on the game, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. While our roles may vary we are all united by a common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Football Development Manager within AFL Victoria and is primarily responsible for and aims to complement the delivery of the game development components of the AFL Barwon (Geelong) Strategic Plans.
Specifically, the Football Development Manager key responsibilities are to support volunteer networks provide high quality football activities conducted in safe, welcoming and inclusive environments in clubs, NAB AFL Auskick centres, schools and social football (AFL 9s) community programs. An important focus of the roles is also on engaging female and multicultural participants along with ensuring pathways are in place connecting these participation segments to enable easy transition of children and their families.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check. The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Grow participation in NAB AFL Auskick Program and support the volunteer network deliver quality programs
- Support club volunteer recruiting, training and retention programs to grow the game at community level
- Establish effective partnerships with principals, teachers, school ambassadors, regional school sport associations to maximise participation in school football
- Develop and monitor effective participation pathway strategies between NAB AFL Auskick, school football, junior, youth and senior club football
- Manage Coach Education at NAB AFL Auskick, junior, youth and senior levels to develop and maintain quality coaches.
- Develop and implement programs that encourage females to participate in on and off-field football activities at all levels of the game
- Work closely with aligned AFL Clubs
- Facilitate community engagement strategies aimed at growing participation in diverse multicultural and Indigenous communities.
- Integrate game development and AFL club fan engagement programs with club development strategies
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Tertiary qualifications in teaching, business, sports management or suitable work experience in related field/s.
- Experience in a similar role
- Holder of Level 1 Coaching Accreditation or willingness to achieve this level as a minimum
- Current Victorian Driver Licence
- Understanding of club environments to capably lead club volunteer recruiting, training and retention programs.
- Capacity to influence people and organisations with the ability to manage volunteer and casual workface
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Developed IT skills particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media.
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Sunday 2 December 2018