The Bellarine Football Netball League has today released the official 2020 DOW BFNL Fixture, with plenty to look forward to in the new season.
The season starts on April 4th with a tantalising opening round, with bumper matches involving Geelong Amateur vs Anglesea, Torquay vs Modewarre and Ocean Grove and Newcomb. The clashes between the Tigers and Warriors and Grubbers and Power will both be twilight matches starting at 5.00pm.
Other notable highlights include:
- Portarlington and Newcomb renewing thier Good Friday clash in Round two
- ANZAC Day falling on a Saturday in 2020 means there will be a bumper day of football, headlined by the traditional BFNL ANZAC clash between Drysdale and Portarlington. Torquay and Anglesea also clash at McCartney Oval
- 2019 Grand Final combatants Barwon Heads and Torquay will face for the first time since in the decider in Round nine at Howard Harmer Oval
- The traditional ‘Battle of the Bridge’ rivalry between Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove will take place in Rounds 7 and 14
- AFL Barwon is again supporting a number of themed rounds in 2020, including Love the Game (Round 5), Mental Health Round in conjunction with traditional partners Beyond Blue and Read the Play (Round 10) and TAC Towards Zero Round (Round 14).